Pet friendly beaches in Malta
Swimming is a great exercise not only for us humans, but also for our canine companions, especially during hot summer months in Malta. However we have to remember, that under Legal Notice 125 of 2008 – Management of Bathing Water Quality Regulations, 2008 – pets are not allowed on sandy beaches and most Official Bathing Zones.However just recently government announced few beaches within Official Bathing Zones where dogs are allowed.
Here is the list:
- Bahar ic-Caghaq behind the Splash and Fun park,
- Marsaxlokk at Il-Maghluq
- Marsaxlokk at Xatt is-Sajjieda
- Sliema near the old Chalet
- L-Ahrax near the camping site
- Marsalforn in the Ta’ Xwejni area.
- il-Bajja ta’ l-Imgiebah in Selmun
- Torri l-Abjad in Mellieha
- Tigne Point in Sliema
- Dahlet ix-Xmajjar at l-Ahrax tal-Mellieha
- Zonqor Point in Marsascala
- Torri l-Abjad and the bays around the boathouses
- Rinella in Kalkara
- Zebbug bay in Gozo
There are also still plenty of places around Malta, outside of Official Bathing Zones where you can go swimming with your dog.